Program in Brief
The 2019 summer in Taiwan camp for overseas students has been specially designed to allow participants to learn more about South Taiwan, culture and language.
- Practical Chinese language classes and cultural activities
- Excursions to renowned tourist places: Kenting National Park, Indigenous People Cultural park
- Adventure activity: (SUP) Stand Up Paddle in Dapeng Bay National Scenic Area. Experience nature beauty and self-challenge.
- Exchange cultural experiences with NPTU students
- Experience Taiwan Indigenous people’s daily life activities, such as: Glass beads making, tattoo stickers, bow and arrow shooting, swings etc.
- NPTU was established by the merging of National Pingtung University of Education and the National Pingtung Institute of Commerce on August 1, 2014. After being merged, NPTU has become a mix of normal, managerial, computer science, technological, and higher education within one university in Pingtung County.
- Camp’s activities and classes are arranged on campus (except for trips and excursions), providing access to campus wi-fi, Swimming & Fitness Center.
- What is Pingtung like? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnKRXzwrvkc
Chinese language classes for shopping and making new friends.
Adventure, self-challenge, experience
Participants will be able to experience unique activities introduced and guided by knowledgeable instructors. For example, during the dumpling making activity, participants will learn the origin of dumplings and to make and taste their own. Also, during the SUP activity, will experience the nature and the beauty of south Taiwan, also challenge the limit and exceed yourself.
- Check in: August 5th
- Checkout: August 18th
- Room type: Shared room. (2-3 participants per room)
- Facilities: Beddings, bathroom, washing machine,
*** Does not have towels, detergents, toiletries and toilet paper.
- The minimum age of participants is 18.
- Participant’s passport must be available for minimum six (6) months from the date of entering Taiwan.
- Participants from NPTU partner universities benefit of discounts only if they are nominated by their university via the specific application form received from NPTU.
- Individual applications are possible but no discount will apply.
- Please read the refund policy below.
- For applicants from Non-partner University who has received invitation letter from NPTU, the early Bird Rate Discounts ($680USD) applies to payment done by before June28th, standard fee ($720 USD) after July 8th.
- For applicants nominated from partner universities before the dead line will receive early bird rate discounts ($680USD) Includes accommodation, local transportation (airport pick up and see off, field trips and excursions), tickets to parks, breakfast and lunch from Monday to Saturday.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel expenses from home city to Taiwan Kaohsiung International Airport, international health and accident insurance, some meals and other personal expenses.
- Bank transfer fee must be covered by the participant.
Please make bank transfer payment after the invitation letter is issued and received. The bank transfer payment information is as below:
ACCOUNT WITHBANK: BANK OF TAIWAN PINGTUNG BRANCH
BANK ADDRESS: NO.43 CHUNG-SHAN RD. PINGTUNG CITY, TAIWAN
SWIFT CODE: BKTWTWTP017
BENEFICIARY’S NAME: National Pingtung University Account 401
ACCOUNT NO: 017036030441
Applicants already finalizing the payment and deciding later to withdraw, can request a refund under the following conditions:
- Cancelations of participation made by 19 July 2019 are refunded (less the transfer fees and currency conversion fees that our bank will charge on the total amount);
- Cancelations made on 19 June 2019 and after cannot be refunded
All transfer-bank fees and the conversion rates from New Taiwanese dollars to USD and from USD to participant’s country currency will be charged on participant.
Please send the completed application form, copy of passport and bank transfer slip to the NPTU Office of International Affairs by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Pingtung University
Office of International Affairs
51 Minsheng East Road, Pingtung 900, Taiwan
Contact: Sonia Lee
For those who are interested in, please fill up the application form as following,